Having an effective ventilation system is essential to your home being energy efficient. And there are also other benefits to good ventilation, including being helpful limiting ice dams. Because ventilation involves cutting into the roof, it is a good idea to address ventilation when installing a new one. Ranch Roofing employs a team of experts who can make sure the airflow in your home is up to grade when it is time for the new roof.
Two common questions asked Ranch Roofing representatives are: Why don’t you need to go on my roof? and Why do you need to go in my attic? Ventilation is underrated and greatly misunderstood. Many customers believe by having a ridge vent at the top of a roof there is adequate ventilation, when in fact, it may be worse than nothing at all.
A few important points to consider:
• Most homeowner have the wrong idea on how ventilation works.
• Not enough ventilation is bad.
• Too much ventilation is not desired.
• Proper ventilation is important to help in keeping ice dams from forming large.
• On most homes there is inadequate ventilation.